Hello to my first entry for 2018!
It was kind of surprising to find out that I only wrote two entries for 2017 considering that wow, 2017 was such a damn year of super highs and super lows, but mostly highs because what’s up, world, I finally got to fulfill the top two goals of my life: To attend a L’Arc~en~Ciel and BoA concert! And ehem, for the record, I was able to attend TWO SHOWS each and was, YES, NOTICED BY HYDE AND BOA. But more on that on a separate post, if I ever do manage to get my feelings together even if almost a year has already passed. O.M.G.
Moving forward, so I have always been a purpose-driven and goal-oriented person, and I actually strive to achieve the goals I set for the year. While I have written them in my planner already, I think it’s time to throw it out here for easier viewing because lmao we spend more time on the Internet, do we not?
So here are some of my goals for the year:
- Start Investing – I have ALWAYS wanted to do this, but I totally have no idea where to start. If anyone wants to give me tips, please ping me! 🙂
- Pass JLPT N2 – This is totally impossible considering that I dropped out of Nihongo school already because I will be deployed to Japan soon, but I will be pressured to take this for sure, and failure is not an option, so….. Gambarimasu. Lmao.
- Enroll in Nihongo Classes / Buy Power Drill Books – With that said, I need to find an affordable Nihongo school while based in Japan. And to supply myself with all the reference materials that I will need. If y’all know of good books and schools, hit me up!
- Be More Active in Blogging – I have so many ideas brewing in my head but there’s just no time to write lately, so with that said, it’s time to push myself to get into this hobby once again. I have been using Instagram as a release for that past year, too, so yeah, @laraceres14 is the way to go lol.
- Pass My Paper for an Academic Journal – LONG OVERDUE. GIRL. SUBMIT IT.
- Finish a Research Paper – The academic in me is so hard to ignore. I have a lot of paper topics to write about, but just cannot get into it because of time constraints. Hopefully this year I would be able to finish one again, and be able to present in a conference once more. I miss this. Huhu.
- Read 25 Books – Last 2016 I managed to read 147 books, but in 2017 it dropped to 40. It’s time to be honest to myself that I am no longer a student, so there’s less time for reading, so I’m setting my reading goal to 25.
^These are my serious goals for the year, while here are the supplementary ones I want to accomplish if given the time lol:
- Have a signature dish! Cooking Lessons 101, anyone?
- Driving Lessons – THIS HAS BEEN IN MY GOALS LIST EVERY DAMN YEAR BUT HAS ALWAYS BEEN UNCHECKED LMAO WHAT’S GOOD
- Reply Faster to Messages – I sincerely thank my low maintenance friends for keeping up with me and my late responses because life.
- Stay Busy! – A Forever Mantra
- Always Find Time to Exercise – I’m still good with my 3-4 times a week workout sessions. So far so good!
I have many more goals listed in my planner lmao but I’m settling with this for public posting. Let’s see how many of these will be checked by the end of the year. Keep me on my toes, will you? ❤