To quote from the Facebook Page of the UP Center for International Studies:
“[CALL FOR ABSTRACTS]
The University of the Philippines Center for International Studies (UPCIS) with the Korea Foundation will host the 2nd Philippine Korean Studies Symposium (PKSS) on 6-7 December, 2013 at the University of the Philippines-Diliman. The conference convenors invite Filipino undergraduate and graduate students, and academics involved in Korea research to submit abstracts of proposed paper presentations.
As a meeting of Filipino and Korean researchers and academics, the conference provides a venue for the sharing of research findings and hopes to create a community of scholars in Korean studies.
1) ELIGIBILITY: Filipino scholars and PhD/Master’s/undergraduate students pursuing research related to Korean studies. The paper should preferably cover the following domains:
• Language, Culture and the Arts
• Urban, Environment, Spaces
• Gender and Ethnicity
• Polity, Governance, History
2) ONLINE SUBMISSION: Applicants should register online at http://facebook.com/UPPKSS and await a confirmation.
The applicants can also send required documents via e-mail to email@example.com. The following information should be submitted:
(1) Full name
(3) Major area of study (region, discipline, etc.)
(4) Contact information (E-mail, phone number)
(5) Title of paper
3) SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Abstracts and the online registration form should be submitted by 30 June 2013 (SUN)
4) ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS: All the abstracts will be reviewed by the paper selection committee. Selected presenters will be contacted individually by 15 July, 2013 and notified about the guidelines via e-mail. Selected paper readers should submit a copy of their full paper by 30 September 2013 (Monday).
All the chosen paper presenters will be provided with free meal during the symposium and be awarded the certificate. Participants are responsible for the cost of their own travelling expenses.
All submissions and inquiries should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your active participation in this endeavour of developing Korean studies in the Philippines.
2nd Philippine Korean Studies Symposium Committee
UP Center for International Studies
Ground Floor, Benton Hall, University of the Philippines-Diliman
Quezon City 1101, Metro Manila, Philippines
Source linked in photo.